BigZ

Less Mess with Glitter.

After getting sick of cleaning up different colors of glitter tonight, I decided that I would mix the glitter combos together in a container to make my life easier. For example, I make a lot of smoke worms that have black, green and holo string in them. I mixed them as follows.

• 3 parts .040 black glitter
    1 part green glitter
    1 part holo string glitter

Next time I pour the nice smoke worm that gets this glitter, I won't end up chasing sparkly particles all over the counter. I used an old LC glitter bottle to keep the mix in.

Hopefully the lesson I learned will help some of you guys experience less grief cleaning up after the worm mess. If someone has a good idea about cleaning up those pesky "spill dots" it woud be appreciated. Shop Vac just isn't neighbor friendly! Doesn't pick up glitter well either!

Z, I use my Oreck vac and it does very well. But, because I deal in the stuff, inevitably I wear it in my hair, on my clothes, on my skin and face, and so does the dog! I've tracked a few flakes in every room in the house, as well as in the car. As I write this, I'm looking at a few flakes on the back of my hand!

Good thing the wife's tolerant.

Sam

Senkosam will appreciate this...I started mixing my colors as Z does and then I store them in Lab tubes (red tops). I can mark them on the outside and you can put them in a tube rack for easy storage or to send through the mail.

Being an MT sometimes has its advantages Sam. :huh:

On the cleanup, I've found one of those swiffer things seems to do a pretty good job but I only had one chance to use it before being "thrown" out of the kitchen onto the back deck for pouring!! :censored:

Jim......... MT(ASCP), SBB

Haven't tried this, but how about silly putty or the like? spread/roll it over the work surface after you're done, it should pick up the glitter, then just work it a little to incorporate...

Another idea would be to pick up one of those big cutting boards next time you go to Wally World. The kind I'm referring to are the thin ones designed to fold so that when you are finished chopping your vegatable, you fold it and slide the food into your pan. You could use this as a work surface and when done fold and brush/sweep into the garbage can..

just brainstorming...

We could take one from the women and get one of those sticky lint roller brushes. My wife rolled my shirt one time with one of those and I thought I was at one of those topless places. The dang thing almost took my whole shirt with it!!! :lol:

jim

Or even better yet Clemmy, I can send my kids over with all their playdough. Your glitter will be gone but...........

I do any/all work with the glitter over a paper plate.

Any spills are easy to contain.

Simply rolll the plate and pour back in to the storage container.

I do not even open the stuff unless over the plate.

Also I try to discharge my static charge before working with it.

Static cling and glitter are a amazing thing................