clemmy

pouring temp of 300 degrees?

Hey guys, from what I've read most pour at about 340-350 degrees into two piece aluminum molds...

I'm trying to experiment with adding ingredients trying to come up with my own unique bait, but one I want to try will melt at above 300 degrees, so I'm wondering if it's poissible to pour into Del's and Bob's 2-piece molds at that cool of a temp...Shouldn't matter if I'm trying split veins, as those wouldn't have to have the ingredient in it...

Any sugguestions?

Clem, if you are pouring in a 2 piece mold, with more than one color, you want to have your plastic as HOT as possible. I use an IR thermometer to check my plastic and especially in 2 piece molds you want it as hot as possible without scorching. I run about 335-360 on the temp. Any lesser temp and you end up with streaks and voids in the bait. Salt content also causes baits to cool faster. Run your plastic about 340 and you will end up with happy results. Cooler plastic, especially in a closed cavity mold, wil give you aggravating results and an inconsistent surface finish. Good Luck. Z

Thanks BigZ, yeah that's kinda what I thought, was just looking for a way around it...

guys, I'm sorry I confused you 2, but thanks for trying, What I meant is I'm trying to come up with my own "secret" ingredient to set my pours apart..It's not this, but a similar situation would be SenkoSam's glitter, which he states will start to degrade around 300 degrees. One of the ingredients I wanted to try out also will....

I just didn't know if it was possible to get a quality pour at that low of a temp, and yes they'd be salted as well..

Any chance you could add this "mystery" ingredient after you heat. I've tried adding plastic "dots" to my worms just after I've poured them. That seems to work OK.

Unfortunately with the 2 piece molds, high temp is a priority or have a hard time pouring them and you won't be happy with your results.

Jim