Joe S.

2 Part mold Q'

I am looking to buy a 2 part senko mold in the near future from Del, I know all about mixing them and how to pour, but have one question when making two tone.

When you put the mold together after the first pour cures some and begin pouring you're next color in, once it is filled, if you leave the mold upright will all the salt sink to the bottom of the mold? and if you lay it flat will the plastic leak out of the chafer(sp)hole?

I guess this question could be for any two part mold even just a single color pour. Do you keep yours upright or lay them flat once poured?

Thanks.

When I pour 2 colors I pour the first color then before it totally sets(as long as it won't run) I put the mold together. Then with the mold tipped at about 30 degrees with the first color on top, I pour the second color. I leave the mold standing while I do the others.

I keep mine flat. I generally want a little to spill from opening. Once I pour the first layer I then assemble and set up and pour vertically. Only time you run into problems if the platic is reel warm and it will run down into the "tail" of the bait, but then you just get a nice colored tip on your baits instead of the two tone laminate.