bigfishrule

newbie question

Hello,

I purchased some of the Calhouns plastic recently and am trying to figure out a way to pour a small "swimbait", for lack of a better word, with the leadhead imbedded inside the bait. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about how to do that. I thought about suspending the leadhead inside of a two piece mold with wire and then pouring around it...do you guys think that would work?

If it is a 1 peice mold and 1 color por i like to pour a little plastic into mold portion where the head will be then i insert lead head and pour the rest of the bait. A nice tip to keep head at right level is to put a toothepick of piece of stiff wire through the eye of hook. Now the head will not fall into mold too much and eye will be just ontop of the bait. Most the time the bend it the hook will baleng out but if it wont you can put a toothpick or wire in gap the lay accross mold (You maybe want to use clay or something to built up a "stand" so hook is postitioned in what you belive is the "best position"