Daiwaman23

Gloss for lure craft molds?

You can also back them in the oven on low heat for a few hours, this will bring the natrual oils back out of the mold.

you can usually bake them 3-4 times, and get 100-200 pours from each mold with the glossy finish.

you might wantt o try to do a search I know we have talked about this subject before and the best way to bake them

I think al's worms was one of the ones who first mentioned it, or it might have been scott from sr plastics

Delw

Dave at Lure Craft recommended I bake 'em. It's basically a crapshoot. Sometimes it works.......sometimes it doesn't. If it works, it works brilliantly. If not, it won't ever work on a that particular silicon mold. Don't know what it is. Silicon seems to have a mind of its own. :?

Words of CAUTION though: Preheat your oven to NO MORE than 300 degrees, and DO NOT leave the molds in the oven for more than 10 minutes. Set a timer and stay close by! If the first 10 minutes doesn't work, try it another 10 minutes, but ONLY after they've cooled.

I ruined over 30 molds once because I forgot about 'em. Turned into one big nasty lookin' mold and the smell lasted for days!

Chris

Thanks alot guys i appreciate all the info! One thing i can say is with my dislike for these molds i did now start making a few of my own and honestly my resin stik mold is miles ahead of the one i got from lure craft. I am however happy overall with my lure craft molds. Im in the midst of makin a producto copy out of resin so im hoping that one comes out as well as my others. Producto is one of the best paddle tails ive ever used! and ive got the color and scent down now to make them almost exact to the packaged ones. Man im glad i found this site... IM HOOKED