staten island angler

glitter question

In some cases the only difference is the quality. But in others, it's the material used to make the glitter.

Avoid aluminum glitter. The glitter used for soft plastics, without being technical, is plastic based. It helps it to suspend in the plastic.

When talking about quality, I'm sure Senkosam can tell you some stories :D Most glitters are not able to withstand the amount of heat needed for our hobby. Others do not hold their color and bleed once introduced to heat.

Almost anyone that has purchased craft store glitter, myself included, will tell you it is a waste of time and money!

I have found that polyester is the key. If glitter is not polyester coated, it will undoubtedly burn. I once found some polyester glitter while browsing a local craft shop. It does exist in craft stores if you look hard enough, but your best bet is buying from SenkoSam. He not only has colors that you'll never find in stores (let alone Lure Craft or MF), but his prices are great and the service is top notch.

Chris