badfish03

Another soft plastic mold question.

Hope everyone isn't getting too fed up with my questions.

Okay I made several prototype baits last night using Sculpey clay when I was done I ran them through the oven and hardened them. I spent a little time sanding the baits smooth today and plan on pouring molds of them tomorrow,

The baits don't have alot of details that will cause them to hang up when de-molding .

So my question is do I need to do anything special to these prototypes especially if I plan on using them several times to make molds?

On another note did you know that Durham's Water Putty comes in a 25lb tub also. If you have a Do it Best Center (you can find it at www.doitbest.com) in your area they can order it in for you.

Robert

The problem you're goint to run into isn't the release agent. It's the fact that now that you baked the master, it won't have any give. It's very hard to successfully remove a non-flexible master from a hard mold.

Baking the sculpey is fine if you are using rtv or silicone. But you'll find that you want to have a soft master when using resin or putty.

But, if you still want to try and use them with putty, it's very important that you seal the clay. You can use devcon to seal them.