GB GONE

Anybody ever get some "bad" Calhoun's??

Just opened a gallon of plastic (Calhoun's)..mixed it as always, added a cup or so of softener (to the gallon), as always and then put some in my pyrex to pour.

Poured out some really, really, really soft baits??? Not sticky though!!

So I went back and re-mixed my gallon for a full 2 minutes (whew!!) and repeated the process of heating in the mic.

Result....really, really, really soft (to soft) baits???!!! This is my..ummmm..guess I lost count...gallon of plastic and I've never had my baits this soft...they are just to soft for me!!!

Anybody have any ideas???

Jim

The one five gallon bucket of Calhouns, I got from dell I added softener to with no problems. But it bubbled like crazy, it took for ever to get the bubbles out... Then last March I baught a 55 gallon drum, and if you add any softener to that stuff without salt, you will end up with a sticky mess for a worm. That stuff makes good senkos without much softener though. Maybe they have a little inconsistency in their batches. I guess I'll find out with the next drum! I have been surprised at the amount of softener some of you guys have been adding to the calhouns.

I had a 5 gal bucket from Del that went up like a volcano in the micro. Couldn't do a thing with it. Del replaced it for me. (good man) I've several more buckets from del with no problem.

Iwould suggest you contact Del and talk with him. They are good people.

Just to let ya'll know...I had emailed Del while posting the question about the plastic.

Little did I know that April had called my cell phone, emailed me once and Del had emailed me twice. WOW!!!!

We are still playing phone tag because of the time difference but is that service or what!! My mom doesn't even call me back that fast :lol: !!

I will be hard pressed to use any other plastic from any other supplier :!:

Plus, he makes some mean molds :) !!!!!

Jim