Attitude

Uneven Glitter

I've had that happen to me but I'm not sure what it was. I solved it by either

making sure i poured right in the middle of the pour hole with hot plastic

more glitter

or hotter plastic

on that note sometimes I have very slight dents to my stick baits. Maybe from opening the nold to soon. Any one know? I don't want to high jack the thread.

No..I'm using Del's combo stik mold.

I'd say 50% of the time they come out fine...but the other 50%, if I roll the bait on a flat surface, one side has a bunch of glitter...and then if I roll it a little more..there's like none on some of them. The plastic is almost the consistancy of water (if that's possible) when I pour..very hot, and I stir after every 2 cavities.

I get the "dents" too...but I think it's from the mold being too hot.

I've never had trouble with the glitter staying to one side of the mold unless I didn't stir it well before pouring. I would try making sure you pour straight down the center of the hole and don't touch the sides of the pour hole.

I also get the dents sometimes and I can't figure out what causes them! It may have something to do with a heavier density of material being poured, like if you had some remelt mixed in that was melted, but not quite the same temperature. I also suspect, but haven't proven, that it may be related to the need to add more plastic to the "funnel" at the top of the mold.

And since I'm on the subject, since everyone seems to have to add more plastic to prevent hollow tops on the sticks, especially if they're not using salt, why don't Del and Bob make the "funnel" bigger so we don't have to fill it up again?

Try pouring directly down the center of the mold. If you pour down one side of the cavitie, or the plastic touches the side as you start pouring,Then you will see more glitter on that side than the rest of the worm. If you pour a color like brown, with green pearl in it you will be able to see exactly what I am saying. The pearl will show up on the side that the plastic was poured down, it will have a streeking effect. This is especially noticeable when your mold is cold. Just my observation!

Thanks for all the replys! I haven't been in the "shop" since I posted this, but will give some of the suggestions a shot. I kinda figured it has something to do with letting the plastic stream down one side of the mold when pouring....will try to keep it in the middle!

As for the "dents" in baits...that doesn't happen often, but when it does..I've noticed that my mold is heated up to the point where it's hot to the touch...that probably has something to do with it.