Pop

Polyester Resin

I wanted to try making a mold and trying to follow the tutorial by Woodsac. Could not find polyester resin. Went to Michaels, AC Moore, Home Depot, Walmart. The manager at AC Moore said they havn't handled it for about 4 years because it was too expensive. Can anyone suggest where I can get some polyester resin? Thanks, Pop

I've made several "production" molds with the resin and they work great. I can get 10 to 12 baits in each mold. Don't froget to glue the masters down with super glue before you pour the resin into the pan. If you don't the baits will float in the resin and the mold will be ruined.

Pop it doesn't have to be polyester, just fiberglass. I included the polyester because so many people were finding products that said 'polyester fiberglass resin' and didn't know if they could use it.

Any fiberglass resing will do :D I've even used an 'all purpose' resin from Home Depot.

Definately try Wal-Mart in the automotive section. It's about $9 for a 32 oz can with catalyst. But, when you're ready for more, go to your local automotive parts store. I've been getting 1 gallon (128 oz) for $25 with catalyst. Big savings :wink: And last week I saw the 1 gallon size at Home Depot for about $25 I think.

It's always a good idea to buy an extra tube of catalyst. For some reason, it always seems to seep through the container it comes in?