Glaucus

Lakeland plate vs premium plate finish

I reached back in time for this one. I am looking to purchase some blades for in-line trout spinners and I had the same question. Spoke with Lakeland and for their heavier guage french blade in gold the price difference is not that much for premium finsih. The woman I spoke with though seemed to indicate that premium finish is not necessary and the price is not even in their catalog, she mailed me a price quote. She also mailed me some samples of size two and three French blades. This is where I get confused (not hard to do that these days) I matched up the Lakeland size 3 with some size 2 that I just purchased from Stamina and they matched up perfectly. The fact that they matched up so perfectly makes me think that Stamina buys from Lakeland but renumbers the sizes. Now the next dilema is that the Worth French blades are all .025 guage which is what the Lakeland heavy guage size is. Lakeland's standard guage is 0.18. For trout spinners, which would be best (not cheapest). Would the thinner guage spin better? I havn't seen the Worth French blade, but how much difference is their sizes. To compare quality is one thing but then to compare pricing when the sizes are not consistant with each other, makes it almost impossible to decide where to purchase the blades.Can you see my confusion? Any help will be appreciated. Pop