dj405

spinner rig pricing

You might want to ask yourself .. "what is he selling for quantity" of my product? if he is selling a good number. stick to your price.. if he is not selling a good quantity .. you may want to see if you can sell directly to the anglers in the area, or to another shop.

You may also tell the shop.. if you up your volume I'll dip my price to you, it is a give and take.

Discounts are all over the place .. when I had a hobby shop the discounts were anywhere from 40 - 60% off of retail.. then of course one of my distributors also had a mail order business selling under my standard discount.

Try opening up the market you sell to as well.. hit a tournament and give some samples to people.. perhaps even a sponsorship .. the sponsorship worked for me in a the hobby shop.. sold to the teams at a small markup.. got my name plastered on jerserys and their banners. I also had a guy who set a world record with one of my motors (I had two business's going at the time paintball and hobbies).. that was a big boost

Product name is important.. give it out whenever you can... "Got that bad boy on (your product name here), get a magnetic sign for your car (tax deductable). Start a Yahoo group for fishing specifically for your fishing area.. Sell on eBay.. do an infomercial (well that is a bit much and costs a fortune).