3 replies to this topic

#1 LJMLuke

LJMLuke

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 07:42 PM

Hey guys!
I was wondering if any one knew how many drops you get in an oz of LC's liquid color or 2oz or 4 oz. I am trying to figure out some costs. Also How many teaspoons in an oz of glitter or 2 or 4 oz if you know and is it the same for the .15 size and the .35 size and the others? And last, how many drops in an oz of heat stab.?
I know some of you guys know!!! :lol: Thanks so much for your help!
Luke

#2 earthworm77

earthworm77

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 07:45 PM

Why don't you weigh out 1 oz of water and count the drops? Seems logical it should weigh roughly the same. Glitter, I have no idea...buy bulk to save money if you are considering making this a business, you will need to have a lot on hand.

#3 dtrs5kprs

dtrs5kprs

TU Supporter

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:20 PM

Roughly...15 drops/1ml, 30ml/1oz...applies more to calibrated dosing devices (like rx eyedrops) but it should get you close. Obviously with a "cut your own hole" yorker type cap, you are going to have some variance based on hole size. Also squeezing vs drop by drop will affect it.

#4 LJMLuke

LJMLuke

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:48 AM

Thanks,
Think I will use up 1 2 oz color and then clean it out. Take an unopened color and drop by drop, fill the other bottle. Should do the trick. As for glitter, same deal with a teaspoon should get and idea. I think I am around $.06-.07 a worm. Sound right to you guys? You probably do it a little cheaper by the larger quantities.
Luke