northbassman

I really want to start making spinnerbaits over the winter to kill time and of course to use next year. I don't want to get into pouring the lead yet or anything. I just want to add the blades and skirts I want and I have an airbrush so I would like to paint them myself as well.

Question 1: When I paint the heads with my airbrush what should I seal them with. Should I cover them with something like devcon 2-ton epoxy or something?

Question 2: I see some of the places like barlows and such have the skirt making kit. Is that used a lot or is there a different way of making the skirts. Or should I just buy prefabed skirts? Is the skirt making process easy???

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I would think that you should cover with Devcon....but I will defer to the airbrush guys for that.

As for skirting........you can buy the pliers that are in the skirt factory kit separately. The skirt factory comes with skip-cut silicone....which is ok, but I prefer the pads, which can be purchased from a number of places......barlows, janns, stamina, ..........there are also cheaper places to purchase pads.......we also sell them. making them is not too difficult. YOu need the pliers, skirt collars, and a pair of scissors.

AS for your s-bait forms.......where are you getting them? We pour several different styles and sizes.......mustad ultra-points

let me know if you are interested

Regards

JM

www.daimonlures.com

hey jig master,

I didn't see the spinnerbait heads or i should say bodies on your website. However, I am interested in getting some 1/4oz and 3/8oz bodies made. I am not that far from you I live in Michigan as well. Redford Michigan to be exact. Check your PM I will send you my email address and you can get with me and tell me what prices you charge for the bodies. Thanks for the reply much appreaciated.

If you're gonna make your own baits, you should consider tying the skirts with thread. Yhey will never come apart and the colors stay where you put them for some trule unique skirts. As for the quick change feature, If I want a different colored bait, I will just make it!!!

I agree w/ Big-D. Tie your skirts on. The collars can dry and crack, the individual skirt stands will get pulled out, and if you tie your skirts with certain colors on the back or belly they will stay that way. Same thing with jigs. Also the skirts wont come off on the hook-set.

Mr B