Celticav

Sentimental rod

I have a Berkley Tactics 7 foot casting rod that belonged to my nephew who passed away a couple of years ago. He was only 19 when he died and was more like my little brother than my nephew. The rod has not been taken care of and I want to have it "remodeled". I want to add new eyes and new handle. Any of you guys do this kind of work? JIM

Yes Jim, I do rod repair, customization, redesign, consulting and custom building. The job you're speaking of shouldn't be too big a task. Let me know if I can be of any help to you. If you'd like me to refer you to someone as close as possible, coach you through it or even do the work for you, I'll be happy to help. The memories sometimes make a rod much more special than any feature or component or even it's performance. That type of rod is priceless to me. Best of luck with your rod.

Maze

ON that rod. Your prolly looking at oh guessing about $1.65 per guide give or take a few pennies. The reel seat gone run you about $5 Plus the cork plus what ever else you need done as far as coloring and clear coating. The hard part about that job is taking the old stuff off without messing up the rod. There would be a lot of time involved in doing a job like that to make it look good. Prices shown above are estimates of cost. That doesn't include any labor on it. If you would like, call me and I'll pull out my catologs and tell you what all the materials will cost. It want be a cheap job. No custom built job will be cheap. Just my 2 cents.

Hey Maze I have found several people that do this kind of work and it is not as expensive as I thought. I had been told it would be a real difficult job, but I guess I was talking to people who didn't really know what they were doing or were just WAY too inexperienced to do the work. Thanks for the suggestion about rodbuilding.org it payed off big time. JIM

No thanks required. I am very happy that I could send you in the right direction to get someone close enough to you and skilled enough that youy felt comforatble with. That web site, the magazine that sponsers it (RodMaker Magazine), and the affiliated websites and individuals are a wealth of knowledge. I've been helped many times and refered a lot of people to the site and people I've met via the site. I am just glad to know that you'll have the rod the way you'd like it and at a reasonable price. I hope you have it and enjoy it for many years to come. Feel free to contact me anytime with questions or input. It's nice to know when you can help make a difference!

Maze