JIGNPIG

Pouring problem

Anyone have a problem pouring the poison tail jig? I'm getting excess lead around and in the eye of the hook. Its reel bad on the 1/8 oz and not to bad on the 1/4 and 3/8oz. I have smoked the mold. I have never had this problem with my other jig molds. Any Ideas? :?:

What maximusgunn said. When I pour spinnerbait heads and use mustad ultra point hooks I get some minor flashing around the lower half but thats on a 1/2oz head the 1/4oz headsare a mess, I have to trim them up then spend a few min. on them with a dremel. if you get a needle file you can make the hook opening slightly wider to accomadate a slightly larger hook.

If you think the hooks are the correct size you might also want to try this. Take a thin razor blade, put it at a sharp angle and scrape/slice the face of both side of the mold. Somethimes tiny pieces of lead get on the mold face. They get smashed down and are hard to see. This makes it so the mold does not close all the way. You will get to be able to notice the little smashed lead pieces by the different color they are than the mold face

Mr B