• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 captdale

captdale

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Do wear protective clothing when injecting hot plastic !!! .Gloves, face shield. I had an injector nozzle break off under pressure. Squirted about three oz. of 350 deg plastisol all over the place. Lucky it was away from me or I would still be in the hospital !!

#62 Mr.Nsmith

Mr.Nsmith

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Always know how much time to melt the plastic to where there isn't a hole in the bottom of the pyrex cup...yeah....(and on that bomb shell always buy one or more pyrex cups...)

#63 bluntt

bluntt

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I buy from basstackle.com, Lakeside baits.com my personal favorite, Lurecraft.com, Bearsbaits.com, JannsNetcraft, Mudhole.com... These should keep you busy for a minute or two.

#64 bluntt

bluntt

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

I posted earlier about not pourning in the house.. I went in because of the wifey.. Then went to the hospital with a severly burnt hand.. She had me cover the counters and then i cldnt see the edge.. Put hot plastic down on the edge it began to fall and i reached to grab it out of natural reaction..

ALWAYS wear gloves and eyewear.. I was not and spent the last two weeks nursing 2nd degree burns on my hand..

#65 bluetickhound

bluetickhound

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Oh Lord... I done went and DONE it now!!! Got my first worm mold in yesterday and have been up most of the night now... So far what I've learned as a day 1 noob is that you gotta be sure your plastic is completely up to temp (nit just barely to temp and then pour.... it's gotta stay there a minute or two!) before starting to pour and when you do pour (my mold is an 8 cavity top pour) do it slowly and allow air to be able to escape or you'll get hollow pockets.... Speaking if temperature... I learned that getting up to temp gradually wirks better that setting it on high and waiting.... Got way better results stepping up the heat than going full blast right off the bat....

#66 Mantase

Mantase

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

The hotter the plastic the easier it is to pour, the bait cavity fills in so much nicer. Be carefull not to burn the plastic.

#67 jeffcpr

jeffcpr

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

So glad you guys posted this up and made it a sticky, i will be doing my first pour this weekend. Thanks for the info great forum by the way.

#68 HWiese

HWiese

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

Good day guys

Do any one have the formula to mix Green Pumpkin, Watermelon Seed and June Bug, i've got all the basic colors but i don't know the exact quantities to use, the soft plastic cook book does not help me in that area

#69 Mantase

Mantase

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Are you sure? My color cookbook download has watermelon, 4 June bugs and pumpkin seed.
Free download on my sign.

#70 Hanapa'a

Hanapa'a

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

hello everyone i first started pouring i had a pyrex break.crack while it was heating up :nono: wasn't sure what happened or what i did maybe it had a crack in the pyrex smh :?