Markell

Quad blade spinnerbait question

I have never fished with one of these and would like to make one. I saw a picture of one made by Celticav that really looked nice. What are the recommended blade styles, sizes etc... to get me started? What would be a good bait size to start off with? I plan on spending a day with it this Fall to gain a little confidence. Any tips on presentation? Thanks!

Thank you for your compliment, it runs very true and works great. Multi-bladed baits resemble small schools of bait fish and are hard for a bass to pass up. You can make one with any blades you wish. I only use that many on 3/8 size baits and up. Funny thing about a spinnerbait though, if you have a blade on the arm it will hold a larger blade on the end than one without the arm blade. If your using colo's or indy's, then start with a #2 and end with a #4 on a 3/8 size bait (2, 3, 3 1/2, then 4) and it is hard to go wrong... just adjust accordingly for larger size baits. Willows are tricky on the spacing and you must use the little metal tube spacers or beads to seperate the clevises, that plastic tubing stuff will put too much tension on the clevises and the blades will not spin even if beads are used between the clevis and the tubing. Start off with three bladed models to get you confident, these are superb night time and early morning baits. The three and four bladed ones are great for burning too. I love to use the one that I have as my avatar pic as a search bait in both spring and fall, they have a great yo-yo look and flutter nicely on a jerky retreive which looks very natural in the water. JIM