6_feet_deep

My Third Attempt...

Can you buy those unpainted?

As for the Killer II, no. As for the Rick Clunn's, I'm not too sure, but I think it would be pretty hard to find them pre-painted...unless you knew someone at lucky craft or someone sponsered by LC that could request blanks? I guess what I'm getting at is that I have no clue :teef:.

all i can say :worship:

Too Kind Masta! Thanks bro! I've got the bug...BAD.

I think they are beautiful. I very much like the second and the third.

What seems curious to me, is that the belly hook is very close to the lip, especially in the case of the third one (sexy shad). I presume you have bought the bodies. Have you tried them yet in the water? I think it is possible that the belly hook could flip over the line. Just a guess. If you say no such accidents could happen, I will try the pattern of the body.

wow, hard to believe that that is only your third attempt. AMAZING!!!

I find it hard to believe myself...I've been painting using a variety of mediums for a while, but this whole airbrush thing is wild. I attribute the baits to all of the guys on here...I've been drooling over their paint jobs for months now. The cookbook helped alot too! Thanks for the kind words fisher!

...the belly hook is very close to the lip, especially in the case of the third one (sexy shad). I presume you have bought the bodies. Have you tried them yet in the water?...

The cranks are made by the Japanese Lure Maker "Lucky Craft". The specific kind is a "Rick Clunn 1.5" (see link)

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResults?searchOption=products&hvarSearchString=lucky+craft&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&CMID=TOP_SEARCH_GO

They are fantastic shallow running plugs and have amazing action. I don't have a problem with the line getting tangled at all.

Thanks for the kind words rofish! Good luck!

...It must take a lot of tie to change each color to make the cool effect around the belly and back on the bluegill

Thanks Kribman! I think I use about 10 to 12 layers of paint to get the Gill color and I can get 5 or 6 done in about 2 hours. I'm not too sure about how that relates to the amount of time that it "should" take me, but that's how long it takes me.