sportsfisher

Epoxy Clear Coat - Rod Building Epoxies?

Thank's Mark and Bob!i will give it a try!I never used epoxies but I like the result when I look at your baits!How do you put the bait on the drying weel???Do you put the stuff before and then put it on the weel or after???I really look like a newbie now!!!!lol!!!for the epoxie things i am!!thank's for all your help guys!

Dan,

When I put epoxy on a lure, I mount it first on my drying wheel, and then coat it.

I've coated up to six jointed swimbaits at a time, and this is the only way I found I could do it.

My drying wheel is a ferris wheel design, with two big plywood discs facing each other, and the lures suspended between them, so I have room for coating multilple lures.

Edited by mark poulson

Like Mark, it sort of depends on how your lure turner is designed. I don't do big musky or swimbaits, so I hold the baits by the lip with locking forceps while I epoxy them. My turner uses alligator clips to hold the baits, so it's simple to clip them on there. I put a piece of painter's tape over the lips so they won't be damaged by the forceps or the alligator clips. Works for me but it isn't ideal for baits without lips, or baits with multiple body segments. For those, I have to jury-rig ways to hold them on the turner.