trick trout

My first 5 piece trout swimbait

i've thought about making a mold and then making featherlite or some kind of a resin bait but right now time and money are a factor so its a little tough.. i may make a mold of one of my newer and better baits... we'll just have to see... :wink:

length: 8 3/4

height: 1 7/8

weight: 4 1/2 oz.

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

trout_diagram.jpg

730_thumb.attach

the action is very sutle... it wakes at a very slow speed... i have found that if i hold the rod tip on the water line it will wake a little bit faster and if i wake it and give it about 5 very quick jerks it looks like a trout fleeing from a bass or a trout chasing forage...but as a wake bait the head goes right to left back and forth about a centimeter each way and the tail follows through and wakes... really it is something to see because it has no lip and its like it has a mind of its own :P

mesabooger, for the fins i used a different type of material, what it is, is rubber off of my brother's floor mat for his truck, when he bought it there was a tag end that you cut off and it was the perfect stuff, right color, tuff, flexable, so it works good. For the price i would probably start at between 100- 125. Yeah E-TEX is the only way to go. Yeah the 5 piece was something i had thought of doing for a while but never executed making it. Stuff takes some imagination and if you have that there are no limits to bait making. Thanks again guy i really appriciate your compliments and i thank you again for all the tips that i have recieved from this site.