Lurehead03

New Bill Press

Lurehead, can you give me an idea of how much force you are applying by hand in say lbs of pressure on the press handle. If you were lifting a dead weight how much would it equal?

Are you putting a pipe over the handle to extend your leverage?

Just trying to get an idea?

Anyone else had any price quotes from tool/die machine shops? I was quoted $650 for the dies installed on my press. Does this sound too high?

T-Bait,

Get a couple more quotes then you will "know".You are near one of the top four machining areas in the nation and one of the top machining courses also.There are over 400 shops in the Dayton area and Sinclair Community College.Minco would be one shop to check.The DTMA(Dayton Tooling and Machining Association) is a good resource.There are many good shops between Dayton and Cinci.The good shops will have answers to all of your questions.Avoid using an extension on jacks and if you have to really "pull" hard you are nearing the jack's limits.Use of an extension will "overpower" the jack and they tend to break.