Matt Moreau

First time post...Hard swimbait questions...

Hello,

This is my first post here although i have been lurking and reading for a long time. I have to say that you guys are awesome and i hope i can accomplish a small fraction of what you can do! :worship: Thank you for all the help and knowledge you leave on this board. Although i greatly appreciate what you guys are doing I hate you at the same time! :eek: You should put a warning up how addicting this is. What have you guys gotten me into!!! :eek::eek::eek: Anyways Thank you again.

Ok now my question, and i just want to say that I am an accomplished searcher on this site but i cannot seem to find anyinfo on the two things.

1. I want to order some 3D eyes for Swimbaits but i dont know what size would accomodate a 5'' - 7'' bait. Any recomendations?

2. How do you joint a swimbait and keep the sections even? I have ideas but i know you guys have easier ways.

My idea was to angle my table saw and cut the sections while the wood is in block form. Then drill my hinge holes and insert a dowel like rod and put the bait back together via these rods inserted in the hinge holes. This woud allow me to shape the bait as one. I know u guys must have easier ways with the quality baits i see in here! I am stumped though. I tried cutting one on my band saw(after it was shapped) and it came out uneven. With practice i am sure i could do a lot better but there has to be a better way.

Thanks for the help and i am glad to be a part of this. You guys are great! Kudos to you! :worship:

Wow i never thought of doll eyes. I went to a large craft store and all i could find were those "googly eyes" Ill have to check into that. Thanks for the sites too!

HAZMAIL- Your method is a lot like what i am thinking with the dowel. Thank you for the post it gave me some more ideas.

Thank you all i really appreciate your replies. It is almost 9am here so i can almost go crank up the wood working tools and give a jointed lure another try.