goldenshinner

luremakers disease

Sorry stubbs(fatfingers) ive got to quote you on this one. im rolling in my chair. this has got to be one of the truest and funniest quotes ive seen in this awsome website.

I love that quote, Vodkaman. I think it describes a lot of us on this board. It should be posted as part of the header on the home page of this website as a graphic reminder for those poor, naive, unfortunates who wander in here innoncently hoping to build a bait or two.:lol::lol::lol:

I think this will all evntually evolve into a new 12 Step Program...

"Hi, I'm fatfingers and I'm a bait builder."

Response from the smoke-filled room full of people with paint-stainded fingers: "Hi, fatfingers."

[/font]

this is soo so true. i wandered into a custom musky bait shop yesterday with a pal of mine. i was drooling in every lane. every corner was like a x-mas. we got to the front desk and the clerk showed my boys some of the more expensive baits. in the almost $400 range. if i had the money i might have bought one. it looked good! on the way home my pal said to me you would be way better off buying and modifing some of those than building your own. I addmited that at 30-60 bucks a pop those baits cost a lot less than what ive got into mine, but im trying to justify the cost and expense as valued understanding of bait mechanics......it is hard still to justify honestly....but it is fun...and addictive....

but serriously lets see..i think my wife wants me to join the 12 step program