allstate48

Envirotec Light

You can usually fix tacky epoxy by recoating it with properly mixed and measured epoxy. It should have cured even in low 60's temps by now. If you get a slow curing batch of epoxy, you might as well recoat even if it eventually hardens - it will never be as hard and durable as it should be.

Hi Doug

As with all epoxies the mix is critical. If the mix is not exactly 1:1 (or whatever the manufacturers state)then the curing process will change , usually detrimentaly. Use syringes for accurate measurement. Also use two mixing pots, mix first then transfer to a second pot, this will prevent any unmixed elements that have stuck to the sides of the pot contaminating the mixture. The curing is a chemical process so it will cure at different temperatures but the speed of curing will be greater the higher the temperature also low humidity is a good thing :yay: .

philB

Doug,

Have'nt used E/T for a while but not sure about an expiration on it. I have used it after being a year or so old with no ill effects. One thing to mention besides exact measurments its not a good idea to mix it with wood sticks for this will sometimes create excess bubbles in your clear from air being pulled out of the wood......JMHO ;)

If you do use wood stick (I use my kid's ice cream sticks) besure to cut the end square so it will get the material in the corners mixed.

I also find it's good to put the hardner in first, so that, when I mix, there is less chance of unmixed pure resin being left.

I also thin the ET slightly with a small amount of denatured alcohol. Just be sure NOT to use an open flame to get rid of bubbles if you thin it. The alcohol makes it extremely flammable! But I find the thinner mix is easier to brush out, and gets down into carved details better, with less chance for trapped air to bubble up later.