seabasshunter3

some good websites for supplies

I would like to find out some good websites for supplies for lure making. Things I am looking for are paints, eyes, pre-fab bodies, etc. I just got a copy of the catalog from Jann's netcraft and it is great....already found some things I want to buy but would like to find some other sites also. The lures that I want to work on and possibly make are vibration type lures (rattle trap type lures) I mainly fish these types of baits here in Japan for Japanese Sea Bass (member of the striper family). I have some that need to be re-worked because of chipping and major loss of paint do to use and abuse among the rocks..Thanks for any assistance that you all can give me on this. Hope all have a Merry Christmas..... :yay:

Over the past 5 or 6 years, I have found that I use Stamina as the primary source for in-line spinner matterials. Thier priecing is very competive and I have always got an answer to every question about thier products. Call 'em by phone and you'll find they are pretty into thier products and willing to share what they know.

They also seem to always be adding something new to thier line, MHO.

Also on a metal type of lure body would you need to use a primer first of some sort before painting with a water base paint? Thanks...

You can get XIM's 400W in an aerosol. It works really well make sure you wipe the metal down with denatured alcohol or thinner. They also carry automotive paint.

http://www.ximbonder.com/index.asp