markc

Hose question

Ok, I've looked everywhere for this and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have an Iwata gun and 10' hose on the way, but was wanting to pick up a new regulator and water trap so I'd be ready when it gets here. Can anyone tell me size and thread of the compressor end of the hose?

Thanks,

Mark

I think you're making it too complicated. Why do you need NPT? What are you hooking it to? Then again, you never said what sort of setup you have on the compressor end. If it's a standard compressor, it's probably a 1/4 or 3/8, and they make an adapter, if it's an airbrush compressor, it's probably 1/8, and they make one for that as well.

Another option is to use a quick connect system, especially if it's not a dedicated airbrush compressor, attach the male connector to the ab hose, the female to the compressor/regulator/hose, whatever you have there, and rock on.

I plan on using my shop compressor and basically building a manifold with a dedicated regulator and water trap at the point where I attach my ab hose.

What I am needing is a way to attach the ab hose to my regulator. The only true airbrush stuff I am using is the brush and hose.

I didn't order anything special for my hose connection and will have to rely on what my local hardware store has in stock, which would be npt most likely. So if the hose is 6mm and I cant find an adapter I am assuming I will have to cut the hose and use a hose barb to get to npt.

Again Thanks for the help, I am excited to get started ASAP:)

Lowe's has all sort of cool stuff in their air tool section! I assume you want to leave the compressor where it sits, and add:

1) A manifold (multi-port) here, so you can attach tools at full pressure, and have a spare port (to run to the airbrush table?) plus

2) A regulated manifold at your painting table, where you can adjust pressure independent for your airbrush?

Even if it's not a chain hardware store, they should have air connection things, even Wal-Mart has a bunch of air tool stuff, I think mine has just about everything you need.

Cool! I'll hit Lowes tomorrow.

So the fitting on the compressor end of the airbrush hose is regular old air fitting stuff? That makes things easier.

My plans are come off my existing air line and mount a dedicated water trap and regulator on my work bench to use for my air brush.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

Yes, I've never had one that wouldn't fit a quick connect (which I think are 1/4"), and I've had Paasche, Badger, Iwata, Aztek and a no-name brand hoses.

The airbrush end is another thing altogether, though. Apparently the Japanese and American brushes have different threads, but I've never tried to reuse a hose, I just swap 'em or use a manifold for that.