smitty919

painting setups

lets see your setup for airbrushing not just talking your brush but mor like your booth bench or what ever you like to call it.

this is mine and still working on a way to vent out my over spray thinking of putting a small fan with a hose and a filter on front of my spiner so i can spray towards the spiner and the fan will pull the over spray threw the filter and out the window?????????.

just got this desk all set up so we will see.

2443.jpg

2442.jpg

Haz-

On the first pic:

I love the upside down fly vise! great idea!

You could use a cheap air filter as a backdrop covering your dryer. Doesn't solve your venting issue but would prevent your overspray from getting on your drying lures and also keep the drying lures from getting dust.

On the second pic:

What do you use that flat iron thingee (on the right side of the pic) used for? (Looking at your avatar I guessing not your hair :) )

I was going to make a snide remark about the toilet paper, but it's too good of an idea so I won't.

Gee you guys are 'Micro', you were not supposed to notice most of that. The 'flat iron', 'hair crimper', is a hair straightener- my daughter reclaimed hers so I had to buy one, has dial up heat and is perfect for bending/forming 'Lexan', (polycarbonate). The toilet paper is for cleaning the brush, I got sick of buying boxes of tissues, which sometimes are oil and perfume impregnated (Aloe Vera oil etc) and contaminate the paint and lures -you should see the floor out of shot, looks like the back room at a strippers bar. The optional ventilation door is for removing heat, it was about 38c (100F) that day, (see the glare outside). pete

100 degrees! Man, I'd hate to have to touch that metal framing square you have tucked up against the metal door.

Your shop looks perfect for you, and that's all a shop should be.

My daughter reclaimed her hair dryer, so I had to break down and buy one. Between that and sparklie nail polish, my neighbors are starting to wonder about me.

And when I hold my hemostat in my hand while painting, I get a really jazzy thumb nail. It's not so bad with pearl white or silver, but fuschia pink and chartreuse really gives folks something to talk about!

With this optional (no fumes) ventilation door, you get great a cross draught and with the under and over bench pressure differential, you get a swirling effect through the plenum, which is out in the yard, (not pictured). There are also several energy efficient dust extractors on the door; they have been there for years. Dave (VodkaMan) would be able to explain this

BV, I think it may be the swirling winds created by the cross flow coupled by the cobweb laying on the bait.....when you paint and remove them thats what you end up with......Think I'll clean a little less.......if thats possible.

My girlfeind likes taking her freinds to my workshop and getting a good laugh at how "organized" I am. But on the other hand ....she is amazed about how I can "usually" find what I'm looking for.

You all have some nice work areas! Pete, those are some fine looking baits there mate! Here is quick tip that is born from literally thinking outside the box! A nice inline moisture trap can be constructed from small diameter pvc pipe and a threaded cap on one end, at the other a glued plug. Drill the appropriate size hole for quick-connect fittings and epoxy in place. Now for the element: A certain feminine product will fit inside the pipe and will trap moisture as intended and can be easily replaced when it is saturated. Will also stop a considerable amount of oil caused by a blow-by on worn set of rings.