CreekMonster

Jannsnetcraft

I would just like to give a big "hats off" to Janns netcraft. Just this week I placed an order and recieved it in 2 days (WOW).Not only that, the order was missing a couple of things (first time ever) And when I contacted them, they were more than willing to help. I got no hassles, problems or "smart@#* questions" about it and they fixed it right away.It was quite a surprise to be treated so well. I have been 1 of their customers for a while, but now I will buy everything I need (if they have it) through Janns. Even if I have to pay a few cents more.Just wanted to compliment them on some fine business practices. THANK YOU JANNS! :yay:

Jay

Well, I think of it this way. 'If you ain't got nothin' nice to say....don't say it at all." :lol:

By that token I agree that some issues with very corrupt internet companies, bad sellers etc. should be listed somewhere on the site so that we can help others avoid problems. Then those people should have a way to refute or resolve the issue and clear their name. BUT is this the right place for that kinda thing.

Solution: How about using one of online "complaint" sites and then link to that thread. Some even have a refute and resolution process already established.

I don't know which anyone would prefer, www.complaints.com or www.pissedconsumer.com, etc.

What I see about making positive comments like CreekMonster did, is to help us all find resources that make our lives easier and happier (not to mention help us all make better products to catch more feesh).

Just food for thought.

P.S.- Not a hijack. I LOVE Janns' as well and I had the very same experience this week myself. :worship:

This is just an observation but correct me if Im wrong,seems we can give thumbs up to suppliers on this forum without getting any negative reaction but when we post problems we have with a supplier we are bashing,is this a double standard?again just an observation

Perhaps if we handled the negative things ourselves, without posting them for all to see, - and only gave kudos, thumbs-up, :yay: or accolades to a job well done, this forum, and the world at large would be a better place in which to live.

When I was a kid, and didn't have anything good to say about anyone or anything my parents made damn sure I didn't say it again. :(

Jann's Netcraft, by the way, is a 1st class act.

This is just an observation but correct me if Im wrong,seems we can give thumbs up to suppliers on this forum without getting any negative reaction but when we post problems we have with a supplier we are bashing,is this a double standard?again just an observation

Thats not entirely true, what happens with most people who complain on a website is that they don't give the whole situation or they lie and make up stuff so the retailer look bad. Remember there are 2 sides to every story. Most retailers won't defend themselves online. There are some retailers that will.

Then there are some retailers who use these forum sites as there own venue to do anything to promote thier own products including lying and misleading,no names here but they know who they are.And when you refer to most people on this site you are including people who have bought your products and are or not going to buy in the future,I like the post in the soft plastics!

Before, I give you a scenario of what happened to me on this sight and a couple of members. I understand your point of view. I do not want to start any arguements, because to me we all drop the ball sometimes, and things don't go as planned. Anyway this is why I feel that bashing businesses is not really helpful, until all the information is put on the table, and the right information is there to make an honest judgement. I and a few other members exchange information. I go out to try to help everyone that asks me. I had an experience with a member, that I gave all my prices to from my catalog and he took all my prices, and started under cutting them, so he could get more business. Did it tee me off. Hell yeah, I thought I was going to help him out, and he goes into business using my prices except cheaper. He was even dumb enough to tell some of the people that I new that he can beat my prices. Yes I did lose a few customers, because I couldn't justify to them my price versus what he was telling them and charging them. The only thing I told them was that my quality was excellent. Now the big question I have for you. Do I have the right to expose him on this site, or should I expose him on this site, so everyone here knows who he is and what a snake he is? Wholeheartedly I would love to, and I hope he fails. With that said I woudn't expose him, because I would gain absolutely nothing from it, other than starting a feud. That's not my style. It's a hard lesson learned for me. **** happens, and life goes on. I'm sure I'll run in to other situations. I know if you ask some of the members that have been here awhile, they will tell you similar stories............This is just my opinion. Wouldn't it be nice if we all just got along.......................Ted

I think I understand ,but I believe you are an exception,most other retailers would have listed the name and not had a problem with it,there are a few who jump down peoples throats in a heartbeat if you say anything negative about their products,I was also told as a child to speak the truth ,not to keep my mouth shut,sure glad for that,

cadman - I'm really sorry to hear this, but I suppose thats life- one of my sayings, after some bitter experience is, 'never believe the the guy/girl you are talking to, has the same ethics as you, because they generally don't' and will rip you off in a flash. I know for a fact there is at least one person on here who is pinching ideas/ processes from the forum and re-posting them elsewhere and making these ideas etc, his own. pete

I think I understand ,but I believe you are an exception,most other retailers would have listed the name and not had a problem with it,there are a few who jump down peoples throats in a heartbeat if you say anything negative about their products,I was also told as a child to speak the truth ,not to keep my mouth shut,sure glad for that,

I agree with you, like Delw also said, there are two sides of the coin, if you are the mediator, you would definitely want to here both sides of the story. Then as a mediator, your next question would be, is if both parties are telling you exactly what happened. I'm sure someone would be adding something more to the story to have the leading edge in their favor. Guess I'm glad I'm not a mediator...................

Ted,

So sorry to hear that story of yours. Having dealt with you in the past, I immediately knew that you were a class guy with only one motive in mind and that was to share your knowledge and experiences with others. For another to undermine you like that is just down right shameful. Pete hit the nail on the head by saying that everyone does not have the same ethics, sad but so true. In a way, I wish you had identified the sorry twisted individual that was low enough to do such a corrupt thing so I would know to steer clear of him if the situation ever presented itself.

For those that don't know Ted (cadman), if you ever need anything, this guy will step forward and go the extra mile for you, fear not and know that you can trust him to the max.

Bottom line is that probably all bashing should be eliminated from this site and let's just continue 'sharing' our knowledge.

The difference in someone saying something nice about a company and saying something bad are that often the bad is skewed to make the retail outlet out to be the bad guy. It often turns out, from the original posters own mouth, that they are the one to blame for dropping the ball. We're not all dumb rednecks, so most of us can read and see the backpedaling that happens from the original poster.

In this case, the original poster was happy with the service, said they didn't get a few things, and was OK with it, they didn't feel the need to bring other companies that had absolutely nothing to do with it into the picture. Perhaps if he needed those things that were left out, he would have been mad, and his post would have gone a different direction, but not so.

I just like to stand around and point out the differences in posts like that, it's my nature to call a spade a spade.

Oh, and Ted is a good guy, whoever screwed him over can kiss MY ass.

its a dog eat dog world i guess. im glad i was raised properly. being in the bait biz is certainly very trying at times. thick skin is a pre requisete. one thing on this board is i am amazed at the dedication of all the builders. being willing to think outside of the box truly revolutionizes the art of lure making..

Bottom line is that probably all bashing should be eliminated from this site and let's just continue 'sharing' our knowledge.

George, I agree with you. Bashing others is not what I come to this site for. I come here to learn, and share when I can.

I have dealt with several of the tackle supply company's and have never had a problem that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction.

Ted, sorry to hear about your bad experience with another member. Your post was well thought and well said. You showed a lot of integrity by not exposing that person who did you that way. I understand and don't blame you for how you feel about it. I know its not much of a consolation but usually, People like that eventually expose themselves for what they are.

Pete you got it right, there are lots of unethical people out there but, there are also many many others who have a sense of ethics and are honest. So, we can't mistrust everyone. Anyway guys lets keep learning.

My 2¢ John

you know, when I posted this, my intent was to let everyone here know that Janns was a class act. I have dealt with other companies in the past and haven't had any issues. I saw the post about a certain company a fews days ago and when the error arose with Janns they were so amazingly cooperative and pleasant that I thought I would give a few kudos to them. It can also serve as help to those newbies who, like me once, don't know where to get supplies. There are a lot of small businesses out there who get in over their head and have problems keeping up as well as some just plain sorry ones. As for the bashing, I think it would be a good thing if you could be sure that its the whole story. Unfortunately, most of the time, its not. So maybe it shouldn't take place here. There seems to be a lot of us who dream of actually making money doing this and one misunderstanding can cost needed $. Remember, everybody makes mistakes.As for the lure bodies that were left out of my order, I did need them, they're sold as soon as I get them painted, and this was my long weekend. It will be 2 weeks before I have the time to finish them now. I was kinda ill when they weren't in the box and I prepared for an argument over the phone like the ones I usually get when dealing with some businesses. When I contacted them, they were so eager to please, I was taken by surprise.My suggestion is if someone posts a "company basher" everyone chime in with their experience, good or bad, so at least we can try and make a somewhat fair conclusion as to their business practices. I'm not advocating bashing, but if and when it happens, don't just read them, those who have had good experiences be sure to chime in so at least its a little more balanced point of view. By the way, I've ordered from Barlows, and I am completely satisfied with them as well. How about that, started off as 2 cents and ended up a dollar.

:wink:

Jay

The problem I have with Jans, and maybe it is only me, but when I go to their website, it won't let me out of it. I need to get off the web and get back on again before doing anything else. And ofcourse I loose everything that is also up fromthe web on the computer. Maybe I am not doing something I should, but if they have their site set somehow to keep you there, it isn't right. Pop

Hey Guys,

I didn't really mean to de-rail this thread, and go off on a personal issue. My feeling about what happened to me is water under the bridge. I don't hold any grudges. Life is too short. I try to live for the future and feed off of positive things, to keep me motivated and focused. I still love this site, and will still help all who ask me if I can. I've met and know a lot of great guys here over the years, one bad apple isn't worth worrying over....Ted

The problem I have with Jans, and maybe it is only me, but when I go to their website, it won't let me out of it. I need to get off the web and get back on again before doing anything else.

Pop,

It's not a problem with website. I'm pretty sure, It's Internet Explorer issue. I'd suggest to clear cookies.

Hope, it helps

regards, PSV

I like janns to. Janns shorted me 1/16 beads once I ordered 1000 and receved 975 there is 25 in a bag. I called them, OK HAVE THEM ON THE WAY. Thank you janns. Most likely not worth the shipping but thank you janns. Sorry ted that makes life alot harder than it has to be!

Creek,

I'm glad you posted this myself. Like you, I have had a similar experience with Jann's, and like you were treated with respect and the error corrected quickly.

The reason I'm glad you posted is this. I work in customer service, you will hear a negative comment in a New York minute. But it takes 20 mules to pull a positive comment out of most people. I will now go out of my way to speak to a manager about being treated courteously by a person in their company. You don't know how good it makes a person feel. It is also funny to hear their responses because all they hear is the negatives too.

It has become the way it is with electronic companies to want to charge you money for answering a question about their products over the phone. What's up with this? I wouldn't have any customers if I told them " I can answer your question for a one time charge of $49.99 charged to your credit card." WTF?

So I say keep giving the kudos when so deserved. Just my .02

Scott