Mattlures

Beat this!!!!

Good for Mickey! A man starts a lure business from scratch, makes great lures that he sells for a lot of money, and then after he's been in business for a few years, he desgns and builds an effective lure for huge bass that he sells at auction for over a $1,000! As one of many many luremakers on this site who is paid way below minimum wage for skilled labor in this field of custom lure artistry, I heartily applaud his sale. Perhaps this will change the attitudes of fishermen the next time they look at the R & D, labor, skill, and artistry that goes into one of Matt's beautiful bluegill swimbaits, for example.

Most of us here on this site have been around fishing long enough to have heard someone make a statement such as "I will never pay more than $XXX for a bass lure, an automobile, a pair of pants, a pack of cigarettes, bottle of booze, a shot gun, or a bass boat, etc... I saw a 16 ft. Triton aluminum with a 25 on its transom yesterday for a "boat show price" of just over $16,000 yesterday. In 1987 I had less than that (I did get a good deal) in my Ranger outfit with which I could have fished any bass tournament in the USA. I looked at a "tournament ready" Ranger yesterday that was a foot longer than mine was, and had another 75 horsepower on the back for a "show special" price of $55,000...

There are many people in the fishing industry who are getting fair pay for their work. We can only hope that custom lure builders will be able to join this group some day. It's a whole new world out there with Rangers and Tritons filled with Speez reels and Loomis Rods. And the guy who is behind the wheel of the $47,000 truck pulling it down the road burning $3.00 a gallon gasoline ain't the guy who swore he'd never pay more than $2.00 for a spinnerbait, that guy is over in the corner with bloodshot eyes and a cost-cutter beer in his hand, complaining about a world which has left him behind.

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

:teef:

Dean

dude, thats like my friend. we live in tennessee and whenever a new swimbait or something comes out hes got it(they bought 3 jackall girons the day they got then here) every single rod they have is either a Shimano crucial or G. Loomis and both him and his dad share rods. my dad makes me buy my rods. plus in fishing it helps to know people; i broke a Shimano and took it to the bait shop and traded it and paid the difference off a G. Loomis SBR812. and i bought the Shimano from a rep so i spent about 120 bucks for a 200 dollar rod. little things save money!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant imagine paying 1000 bucks for something i cant use..

let them spend there money how they want

Willie525

those are really cool I saw a post on westernbass a while ago and was thinking of picking one up. WOW the price went up fast and out of my range.

your right they are ART , I do know a guy that buys the 300+ dollar ones and actually uses them for fishing. he has quite a few of them also.

I personally can't wait till he looses one so I can get it LOL

Yeah, what Dean said. But I can tell you that I won't be buying one at 1G, and I don't think I'll be sittin' in the corner suckin' down "p" beer. Hey, if art be your thing then that bait is definitely what you want (beautiful)! Guess there will be no end to prices on baits. I congratulate Mickey on his bait, and would like to say that they have fabulous customer service. I always say "if you got it flaunt it".

David

I lost 1,000 bucks in a hand cards once... it sucked I had quad 10's other guy had QUAD Ace's!!! ... what's the difference if you lose a 1,000 dollar lure!!..

I'll tell you what the difference is..

If I lost 1,000 dollar lure.. at least I was fishing!!! for you math guys!!

I believe the exact odds of me losing with quad 10's were about 500,000 to 1..

For you idiots that dont understand odds.. and that includes me.. Because the dealer still had to explain it.. I was in such shock!!!... it means.. If I had quad 10's 500,000 times.... I would win 499,999 hands out of 500,000!!!

"PAY DA MAN HIS MONEY!" Famous line from ROUNDERS!

The Rookie