CreekMonster

First Fish of the Year

Well, went fishing today for the first time this year, used one of the first few cranks I made this year, and ended up catching my first fish this year. Man, this never gets old!!! It's soooooo much better when you catch it off a lure you made yourself!! I made a believer outa my fishin buddy too, or should I say "future customer" :eek: There's another pic in the trophy room

Jay

http://www.tackleunderground.com/photos/file.php?n=1989&w=o

Great picture Jay.

I like the lure just happening to get into the shot and how is it that we couldn't zoom out just a little to see that, "I caght it on MY bait!!!" look on your face. Yes sir, I know that look!!!

When my son that's the shot he always adds a picture of whichever thumb is needed to block me out of the shot. Only 28 and he's a scream.

The funny thing is when I caught it, I didn't have my camera. I actually caught the fish in a boat, told my buddy I gotta get a picture, so I talked him in to going back to the bank, scrambled to find a piece of rope, tied her off, drove back to my house for the camera (just a few miles), came back and took the pics. I had to hang the lure back in its mouth, so if it looks staged, that's because it was.:wink: But that is the lure I caught her on. A few more like her, and I might actually be able to sell a crank or 2 instead of givin em away. LOL

Jay