oscarsteel

Good Fine detail airbrush

I would like to buy a good airbrush for fine details. I looked at the badger garage sale but most are sold out. Can anyone recommend a model that is reasonably priced? I can't get a super fine spray pattern out of the one i use now. It can be any brand as long as it does a good job I don't care. Thanks....Oscar

I'd be looking for a brush with a .2mm or .15mm tip for fine line detail. You need to use it with properly thinned airbrush paint at the right pressure. When you see brushes sold as "fine tip", that really isn't significant. It just a relative term meaning smaller than their medium and large tips. For example, the Fine Badger tip size is unspecified but is obviously larger than the standard .2mm tip on an Iwata HP-B.

One of the Badger Sotar 20/20 brushes sold on ebay for $100 shipped, 3 days ago. Said it was used 3 times. I bet they sold it because the lines were too fine. I have shot mine a few times now and if you are looking for a fine line, than the Sotar is what you need. I would keep checking on the auction sites for deals on these. That $100 one sold for less than what it would have cost from the Badger Sale. Retail is about $400+ and they sell for $219 at Dixie Art (I think that price will go back up soon).

Fine, fine lines.

Here is a review on it

PRODUCT REVIEWS.htm

Other people online say the same things. I agree.

What kind of T shirt should I be painting for bass? :o)

Rookie,

I only use a .5 right now. That's what came with the brush. I was just wondering if I would be able to do some kinds of things with a finer tip that I can't right now.

I know, a finer tip should mean finer details, but are there certain techniques, like stenciling or adding fins, where finer tips really help, or should I just keep at it with the .5 and learn to do everything with that tip?

Make SUPER SUPER SMALL STENCILS!!! and you will have SUPER SUPER SMALL DETAIL no matter what kind of tip your using.. Maybe a .35 tip might work better for that than a .50 but most of the paint I use has to have a .50 mm tip or it will not come out of the gun.. I dont get into thinnin paint much.. I just add a little water and shake the bottle if it looks thick.. no ratio... just like JUSTIN THE CAJUN man!! I shake a tsp spoon in the bottle and go if its thick!!!

Im telling you guys... Old PBS shows are the ticket to paintin baits!!

Barney "IMAGNATION"

Bob "JUST GO WITH IT" Ross

Justin "just a little bit right ear" Wilson

61CK7RYWRFL._AA240_.jpg

All you need..

But do you Garontee it? :o)

Thanks for the advice.

I'll just keep painting, as experience seems to be the best teacher for me.

And I had a BIG bass come up on one of my jointed floaters painted in a crappie pattern Saturday.

She came up right at the boat, in 20' of water, and turned away when she saw it. Next time I'll be farther out when I'm fishing that lure shallow like that. It made a slow day fun, for sure.

I got to meet Al Lindner Saturday, too. His son Troy fishes the AC Castiac tournament trail that I work on. What a nice guy. No BS, just plain folk, and easy to talk to. And his kid is a really good kid, and a good fisherman, too. Chip off the old block. Something to make any parent proud.