northbassman

Drying Rack

If you check the archives with the search feature you will find lots of info.

I use a BBQ rotisary motor, an arrow shaft (dowel) and sections cut from a pool noodle skewered onto the arrow shaft. The end of the dowl is carved to fit the rotisary motor's take off, and the whole thing is taped across a large cardboard box. you can insert the hook of a jig into the noodle, or you can glue in clamps. 15 minutes to build- $2.00 invested, easily turns 100 jigs at a time..

Those ideas are good. Now I just have to find a rotisserie motor.

However, if I can't find a rotisserie motor how about this idea tell me what you think. If I am using devcon to finish my lures with they say to spin it for about 20-30 minutes right? What if I made a little round dryer wheel with arms that hold the lures and a center rod that went into my big drill press chuck. I could then set the drill press on its lowest setting and let it go for about 20 minutes while I am in the shop doing something else.

Guest Anonymous

If you can go about 5 rpm.. go for it!

I trashed my wife's, sister's, and mom's ronco rotisserries! LOL ... I took the rotation motor and timer assembly off the oven and trashed the rest!

they work great... and even have a timer and a "done" bell LOL!!!

dont tell Ron... or we will be watching those infomericals too! the

"RONCO BAIT TURNER / DRIER AND BEEF JERKY MAKER!!!"

Chip :D

Hi there, I purchased a rotisorie motor from EBAY for a couple of bucks. It turns around 5-6 rpms. I drilled and tapped the end of a 1/2" threaded rod and turned in a stove bolt that has a rounded head and a partial square shank. I cut the head off and used the square part for the driver end that goes into the rotissorie motor. I also used a wingnut to put tension on the disks that hold the lures. If you loosen the wing nut the wheels will not turn enabling you to remove or put in another bait. Check out my tutorial and see if that helps you out. If you have any questions just fire away or email me and I will see if I can help you out. Thanks and good luck. Ken Schmitz Mylures