Boskabouter

Another new series of jerkbaits.

The last few weeks I have been busy building a new model.

A nice piece of beech is the foundation of this design.

After days of cutting, sanding and painting, the baits below is what I ended up with. I call this model "The Prowler".

Length is 6" and it's weigth is 65gr.

Since I don't build baits that long and use airbrush for a short time I focused on the finish. I kept the colour "Soft Candy" (blue/yellow) from my last model and painted 2 in the new colour "Parrot" (red/yellow).

These jerks have a gliding action and it

It is a great piece of work !

I wonder , how you managed , that all of those detailed contour lines of mouth , gillplates , lateral line , etc. are that accurately alike , lure for lure ?

Only the lateral line of one "Parrot"-colored lure is is a little different to the others , hats off !

You have achieved a very detailed , but yet kept somehow simple style of paint design , that has a certain grade to be recognized as your own style , also in terms of your last two lures , that you posted here .

And I mean "kept somehow simple " in a positive way:) :

Without scales , foils or fotofinish you have created very impressive color designs , a style of your own :)!

Greetings , diemai

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!

@Diemai

I did all the baits lure for lure and used the screw eyes as a reference while painting the details.

I understand what you mean by "simple" :)

After I ruined some foiljerks I decided to do it differently.

I guess that is when my baits got the distinguished looks.

I'm trying to keep this style and elaborate it if necessary.

Need to add to this all that this forum helped me a lot to achieve better results. So once again thanks to all builders out there :worship:

Grtz Paul

Really nice lures, and great paint jobs.:worship:

Now, can I ask if your screen name, "Boskabouter", has any special significance?

Yes you can. That guy in my avatar, his name is Paulus de Boskabouter.

That was a very famous series on tv in Holland. Boskabouter means something like "dwarf from the forest". People always used to call me Boskabouter since my first name is Paul and I use to like to be in the forest. Now does that make sense?:?

:lol:

Grtz Paul

Yes you can. That guy in my avatar, his name is Paulus de Boskabouter.

That was a very famous series on tv in Holland. Boskabouter means something like "dwarf from the forest". People always used to call me Boskabouter since my first name is Paul and I use to like to be in the forest. Now does that make sense?:?

:lol:

Grtz Paul

It makes sense to me Paul(us)!!! They used to call me Dickie de Viking....

Great jerks.... even greater that one of them will be mine!!!:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Keep up the good work. :worship:

Greetz,

Dick