bassman843

megabass lures

I have a few Megabass baits and think if you want paint like theirs, you probably need to buy Megabass. That's not to say some TU painters can't paint lures as nice or nicer as Megabass, but they'll be different. Isn't that a good thing?

If you like Megabass jerkbaits, look at Orbit 80 jerkbaits from Zip Baits. They are 5/16oz, but, because of their internal weight transfer system, can be fished with a baitcaster, which I much prefer. And they have the most erratic action of any jerkbait I've fished.

And, because their paint schemes are on the outside, I can lightly sand them with 600 grit to get down to an almost transparent body (the original paint stays in the molded scale pattern, which isn't a bad thing), and then put my own paint on them and go.

The Orbit 80 suspends perfectly out of the package, and I rig some with larger hooks to make the sink slowly on the pause.

All in all, a great jerkbait.

No, I'm not sponsored by Zip Baits. They just work really well, and I like for people to catch fish.

LOL!!! I didnt say I would do it.. I just said its possible...Heck I got 300 megabass lures that IM TRYING TO SELL!!! Last thing I need is more!!! As for the paint patterns on the lures.. Bob is right.. Some of those lure patterns are impossible to copy.. I was talking about the acutally lure itself.. not the paint!!! Megabass does some neat stuff.. The only problem is... most fisherman want simple realistic patterns.. So some of their best work goes unnoticed.. Just my opinion..

The Rookie

Edited by The_Rookie