The Natural

Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon...now is the time

I'm not new to the game, but painting my own baits is something I have tossed around for a while. If there are others that are lurking like me, now is the time to take advantage. May 26-31st Hobby Lobby has the 40% off any one item coupon in effect. I printed off 4 of them. I'm heading there tomorrow to pick up an Iwata Eclipse BCS. I'm sending my wife in later to pick up an Iwata Silver Jet compressor (unless someone has something negative to say about it). Anyway...the coupon can be printed off here...

Hobby Lobby Weekly Specials

If you look closely at the price of the hobby lobby Iwata's, their marked up about 40% more than you can get them for elsewhere. Not trying to hurt your attempts but I tried the same thing about 4 months ago. I was looking at them and they were 139 well when the 40 percent off coupon came out I went to get one and they were 179.

There is a lot of merit to what b75nweav is saying. I have found Hobby Lobby to be convenient yet expensive. I might suggest before you go to redeem your coupons you investigate some of the on-line airbrush houses. Most of them will beat the pants off Hobby Lobby's prices, and . . . you are being serviced by someone who knows the brush and equipment and has advanced knowledge of how to use it. I personally use Bearair.com and have found them to be beyond helpful and great on prices. Others on this site use Dixie Air and rave of their service as well. Do a Google and see what you come up with, excluding Ebay and I think you will be very surprised at how much you can save.

Good luck

There is a lot of merit to the comments about dealing with someone LOCALLY who really knows Airbrushes, paint etc. But if it is online you are not getting that level of service.

With that said, thanks for the notice regarding 40%, because the Hobby Lobby I have dealt with DOES NOT mark them up to put them on sale.

I bought an Iwata a while back and it was less than ANYWHERE I could find at the time, online or locally.

My Hobby Lobby doesn't mark up the prices either. got a steal on an Iwata compressor. I bought 2 pacsche brushes there with the coupon for a steal also. But found a 2mm gravity feed with air adjustment on EBay(TCP Global) for 50 bucks. ( not iwata but very pleased) Those coupons come in real handy when buying parts. I've saved a bundle using them. Just be sure to price the stuff elsewhere cause some of it is on the high side.

Jay

I guess it varies but at my local HL, an Iwata Eclipse with the 40% discount sells for $96, $20 cheaper than dixieart.com. The HL brush is cheaper than any online source I found but you have to pay state sales tax and drive over there @ $4/gal, so things begin to even out. I ended up buying an Iwata Revolution BR for $68.95 from Dixie Art online. Free shipping, no sales tax and I needed a few other items anyway so combining the purchase saved me their $10 shipping charge on orders less than $50.

I picked up my Paasche "M" single action brush when HL was having a 30% off sale on all airbrushes. Ended up being just over $50 for the kit that includes the hose, three tips, 3 jars (mixed small and medium) and a spray cup. That was pretty competitive considering shipping and the sometimes difficulty in making a return.