Guest Anonymous

Finished Up The Online Project

Cool tutorial.. man I hope to get that good at this someday. .. So.. let me get this straight.. you make your own screw eyes by bending the wire over itself.. First of all.. do you find this to end up stronger than a standard screw eye? I tried doing this after looking over your tutorial but as I turn the finished wire screw eye into the lure it wants to unwrap itself as it goes in... Should I drill an oversized hole?... I just dont get it but I am seriousely intrigued.

Guest Anonymous

:D I am inserting a picture...to show the bend. The only difference from this pic is that I use needle round nose pliers to get a loop rather than a "D" shape.

I continue to twist the wire around the shaft until I make a tight screw. I drill a hole just big enough to accept the screw. I then gob it with epoxy, slide (with a little presure) it in and wait for it to set.

I also use stainless steel welding wire .020.

When I was developing the idea, I also had problems with the screw unraveling. If the hole is "just big enough", it wont be a problem.

I have caught large musky off lures with this type Hook/Line eye. I have never had a failure.

Thanks for askin. Email me if ya need more detail!

Regards,

Chip

:D

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

wirebend.jpg

297_thumb.attach

Guest Anonymous

I use a combination of software tools. I use Olympus Cameras, Adobe Photoshop ($660.00 new), Microsoft Front page ($200.00 new) I also use a graphic converter (free from pixresizer) and a free animated gif maker (free from microsoft).

Dont feel that you need to spend this much money. I have seen several home pages where people use free web page servers and make wonderful pages. here is a friend of mine's page that I know through the tournament circuit: http://www.100megspop3.com/oldvalkyry/pennmag.html

He has a lot of godd articles that he put together essentially for free.

I am building a commercial site. That is why I have invested in some additional tools.I am also setting up servers soon to provide webpage hosting, email and such. So you can see my needs were a little greater.

I tell ya! I'd love to see more of your projects! The reader submitted tutorals are great on this site! Email Red G8ter and find out how he likes things submitted for his tutoral section. He does a great job with it.

:D Tonight... I am glueing in lips, top coating and tieing bucktail double hooks for the smaller lures on the project!

I get alot of email (an send alot too). If you have specific questions, this is a great place for them because everyone can review them. But feel free to email me directly. I get a few each week and enjoy answering, learning from youin's, as well as developing the friendships!

Best Regards To All!

Chip :D

Congrats on a great tutorial and a great job Chip. I have to agree with Nathan. Your shop is way to organized. I call my shop organized confusion but I know where everything is so I guess thats all that matters. Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next tutorial. Ken Schmitz Mylures

Nathan,

I'll bet that's a "Hollywood" shop. You know, just a large picture placed in the background to look like a shop. His shop is probably covered with sawdust, paint splatters, and scrap wood just like ours.

Chip,

Nice work on the tutorial and the lures.

I use Elmer's woodfiller to fill my holes in my lures. I see that you use the Elmer's tub. Have you tried the Elmer's in the tube? You can just squirt it in the hole. It's not as messy as the tub and doesn't dry out in the tube as fast as it does in the tub.

Gene

Guest Anonymous

:D Lets just say...I am so neat in my shop thats its scarey..... must be an obsessive-compulsive disorder!

I will try the filler in a tube! Thanks!

I just bought some envirotex. I normally use devcon or flexcoat.... will I like this stuff? I was going to try it on sample wood first.

Chip