Mountain Man 26

My First

looks great - awesome for your first bait! Kinda like a poes but with a better lip. Did you just press gently on the rattle can to get the splatterback/speckled look? Was the can fully shaken and how far did you hold the rattlecan from the bait?

Another technique (which I have yet to try) to get that look is to use a toothbrush and some (thinned with laquer thinner to a milk consistency) model paint like testors brand. That tip courtesy of fatfingers.

@ Mountain Man 26

Your bait looks far better than my first one a very long time ago , that's for sure:yes:!

But as mark poulson has already mentioned , you should really get yourself some stainless steel wire for future lures , you would really enjoy using them for a much longer time:wink:!

I always test my lures prior to painting in my bath tube for their swimming action .

I'd apply one or two coats of ordinary clear paint onto them before , just to prevent water sepage whilst testing .

This way I can determine about eventual neccessary balance weights and their locations and embed these into the lure without having to destroy the paint finish again and paint a second time after closing the weight holes !

The first temporary clearcoat I just sand a little rough after those tests for following paint coats to adhere well .

I wonder , why you obviously utilized screweyes as hookhangers , and did not make a thru-wire harness instead ?

Don't mean to critize your work , at all :nuhuh:!

You'd have your reasons to do so:yes: , I'd just like to understand:wink: !

Keep on carvin' , diemai