Mylures

Where to get a small low RPM motor for a small drying rack!!

:lol: I made myself a small portable drying rack that will hold 16 baits at one time. For the motor I used a turntable motor out of an old microwave. All you have to do is go buy your wife a new mike for xmas and take the old one apart. Ha Ha. Just kidding. You can probably get an old mike from an appliance dealer for nothing. Just take it apart and take the motor out. I had a tool maker friend make me a short adaptor shaft to fit the motor. I then supported the shaft with a V block under the shaft. For holders I used pvc pipe with alligator clips and some I put in a piece of dowel and installed nails which I put the bait on where the back eyescrew goes later on. By using various lengths of pvc pipe and T's you can use it for small baits or larger ones . When using it for larger ones I use a couple of T's adaptors and some stiff springs. I will see if I can scan a few of the holders and then I will post a picture. Now there will be a big rush on Microwaves for Xmas. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will be glad to help out. Maybe I should start selling Microwaves or at least get a comission. Good luck and hope this helps out. If you look at the tutorials I used just one disk like I used on my bigger drying rack. The same process was use to make the disk.

Ken Schmitz Mylures[/b]

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

sneek_peek_5.jpg

304_thumb.attach

I got my motor from a furnace, it was the motor on a humidfier (4 rpm), Im a millwright by trade so fabrication is part of my job I made my rack from 3/16 " round rod supported it with small bearings on each end,made a coupling with allen screws, just use clothes pins to hold my baits, if santa brings me a digital cam..... I get a pic !

Vmaxx :)

I got mine from a place called American Science and Surplus. It was $7.95-is a gear reduction motor. I welded the stand and modified the bicycle wheel, it turns nice and smooth. I do quite a few musky baits for guys and have no problem with torque. I rigged up a switch for a cieling fan so I can adjust the speed of the motor to a point.

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

dcp15640.jpg

326_thumb.attach