Kajan

Pans

Not sure if its technically a tool, but I hear bou'cou' of the plastics people talking about how they GLUE their plugs (masters) down before pouring their mold material. What I do is make my pan, and put my plug (master) in place and screw it from under the pan. Holds it in place and when you go to remove your mold, you just unscrew the screws and the plug(master) comes out and you can carefully take it out of the mold. There Might be a better way, just letting y'all know how I do it :yay:

And if I was using a plastic for master, you could glue pc of alum or any thin stiff material to the lure and then screw thru.

I use galv. for my resin molds, and SS for my RTV molds.

b4swv9_th.jpg

ZBass, you don't mess up your Master when you go to take the finished mold up???

I do like I posted for either RTV or Resin when I did some resin molds. When I unscrew the small screws the master comes out of the pan with the mold. Some of my masters have some deep under cuts and is easier to remove the Master from the RTV when you can actually see the lure. And I don't have to worry as much about damaging the Master.

Kajan,

No, I don't worry about the master. It is either wax or plastic. With the wax, it is gone when the resin cures. It melts out of the mold. When I do multiple cavities, I melt down some junk plastic and pour some masters with it. I know that a lot of guys use wood as a master. That is what it sounds like what you do. Wax and plastic is just the way I am comfortable with.

Zbass