smitty919

yellow perch???

DT, a dozen or so of those and it's Fish Fry time! Smitty, I agree with Phil - go fish it! No crankbait is going to look and act EXACTLY like a perch. If yours has the "visual cues" the predator is looking for and a decent action, it's gonna get bit. Black bars, greenish gold undertone and some orange on the belly will do it. Take a look at a factory bait in perch pattern, for example a Rapala, and you'll see the "standard". If the perch in your area vary, you can make appropriate changes and fish a killer bait.

@ smitty919

I like your paint design , kept simple but somehow impressive , takes it to the point ;):yes::yay:!

And that's , what I wanna say :

As long , as it has these vertical dark stripes on a more or less lighter background (no matter , of what base color) , it is a perch !

I believe , that it is the stripes , that trigger the strikes , when feeding on perch , the predators will go for these :yes:!

@ Downriver Tackle

Thanks for that pic , now I know , how your local perch look like !

Slightly different to our European ones , ours have a bigger first fin on the back compared to the one ahead of tail , also they have a large black spot on the front end of the first bigger fin .

Also the tail fin and all belly fins are red/orange , but all in all , they don't seem to be that much different !

greetz , diemai

@ smitty919

I am of same opinion like scottishghillie , just a very small dash of red just under the bill or tail would have been enough for my taste , also the attached feathers on the tailhook might minor the wobbling action .

But surely the fish would make the final judgement on your lure:yes: , still a nice piece of work:yay: !

greetz , diemai