rlcam

How soon is too soon ?

I have a club tourny coming up this Saturday and wanted to fish a certain pattern I have been painting for some people.The only problem is I haven't painted myself one yet.Could I paint it today clear it Thursday and fish it Sat.All the painting I have been doing has been for other fishermen and haven't got to try some patterns for myself.The ones I have fished have all been done for several months.I am sure I could use it,but will it be fully cured so it won't delaminate in the future.I got the wife to pick up some of the cranks that Acadamy Sports sells(H20Xpress)when she was in Nashville this past weekend.A couple of the colors I don't care for and want to paint.Remember guys I use Rattle Cans and will be clearing with D2T.It will be my Cute Shad/Lav.pattern.Thanks for any help...Rob.

A friend of mine caught a real good Smallmouth on that same pattern.No picture,can you believe it?Thanks again guys for helping me learn a great pasttime.

rlcam

I have many times painted, cleared with 2T and fished within 24 hours. the baits are still holding up welll. I warm the 2T in the syringe with a sunlamp light and it goes on fairly thin and easy. The pre-heat helps with bubbles as well. Then turn for 1 hour and back under the light for about 2 hours. Then I take it inside where the humidity is less for overnight. Add water and fish.

I think the heat lamp ($5.00) is a great help in managing bubbles, making the 2T eaiser to apply, and drying and curing it.