CreekMonster

Boat & Trailer Accesories

Okay, now I'm worried.:( After checking around everywhere, Cabelas pretty much got it. Not to mention $2.95 flat rate shipping special. I ordered the roller bunks and some side roller guides. ( they were out of the long plank type guides). The carpeted bunks I have on it now can be a pain sometimes and being I am planning on decking 70 to 80% of the boat using marine plywood, carpet, etc., all of which will add some extreme weight to the boat, I'm starting with the trailer. I thought maybe the roller bunks would be a lot easier winching the boat onto the trailer in that some of the ramps I will be using are kinda shallow. The side guides are mainly for centering the boat on the trailer not so much the wind issues. so, did I mess up with the roller bunks?

Jay

Okay, now I'm worried.:( After checking around everywhere, Cabelas pretty much got it. Not to mention $2.95 flat rate shipping special. I ordered the roller bunks and some side roller guides. ( they were out of the long plank type guides). The carpeted bunks I have on it now can be a pain sometimes and being I am planning on decking 70 to 80% of the boat using marine plywood, carpet, etc., all of which will add some extreme weight to the boat, I'm starting with the trailer. I thought maybe the roller bunks would be a lot easier winching the boat onto the trailer in that some of the ramps I will be using are kinda shallow. The side guides are mainly for centering the boat on the trailer not so much the wind issues. so, did I mess up with the roller bunks?

Jay

Jay I take it this is not a drive on trailer like a bass boat?

if its a heavy boat make sure your strap will hold the weight as when you pull up hill from the launch ramp all the weight when using rollers are on that one which strap.

I saw a big boat bust and slide right down the boat ramp one year due to rollers. on the glide sticks everyone that I know that put them on bass boat trailers took them off because of that very reason. we had a road trip one year and a guy had those guide sticks on it ( teflon strips), pulled the boat on the trailer forgot to Lock the winch handle went up the hill and his 2 year old skeeter was laying on the concrete being dragged.

Thanks Del, I forgot I didn't specify the boat type and size. Its a 14' Dakota flatbottom sitting on a modified (by me) drive on trailer. I am fixing this one up "lakes specific" for use in south Alabama. I know this info would 've been useful in my post. sorry. The ramps I'll be using are shallow and unless it floods, I'll be hand winching the sucker about 3/4 the way up in most cases. I swore when I got it a few years ago that I wouldn't fool with it, but I just can't stand it anymore...lol... I've fixed up boats in the past, but this is the first time I've actually purchased anything this substantial. I usually make it myself but time just won't allow me. anyway, thanks for your help, and I'll probably be asking some more questions as I go.

Much Appreciated, Jay

Thanks Del, I forgot I didn't specify the boat type and size. Its a 14' Dakota flatbottom sitting on a modified (by me) drive on trailer. I am fixing this one up "lakes specific" for use in south Alabama. I know this info would 've been useful in my post. sorry. The ramps I'll be using are shallow and unless it floods, I'll be hand winching the sucker about 3/4 the way up in most cases. I swore when I got it a few years ago that I wouldn't fool with it, but I just can't stand it anymore...lol... I've fixed up boats in the past, but this is the first time I've actually purchased anything this substantial. I usually make it myself but time just won't allow me. anyway, thanks for your help, and I'll probably be asking some more questions as I go.

Much Appreciated, Jay

Jay no problem

That boat shouldnt be a problem with weight , just keep in mind that id you add rollers you make sure its locked down.

Also alum boat with rollers will tend to vibrate rivets loose more due to no cushion and the rollers are spaced unlike regular bunks with carpet.

I know all about projects I have a 1996 210 cajun bass boat I am restoring, its going on 2-3 years, was suppose to gel coat this holiday weekend but wont be able to.