trobbs

propane lead burners

Hello everyone,

New to the site. I was wondering if anybody knew where to purchase propane lead melting burners. My father was a pipefitter and plumber and I have some of his old burners that thread onto the top of a propane tank but nobody will fill these old tanks. Does anybody know where to purchase a new burners or any advice on other methods to try Thanks

If I understand your problem correctly, you have the burners, you have the tanks. The burners screw onto the tanks, but no one will fill the tanks. If this is the case, your problem is not with the burners, but with the tanks.

Some years ago someone had this massive brain-fart to protect everyone and change the valve on all propane tanks, and made the old style illegal to fill. This left everyone with the option of buying new tanks or retro-fitting their old ones with the new style valve at the cost of around $35 per tank. Not sure who the brain surgeon was that came up with this piece of legislation, but he was obviously having his palm greased by the valve and propane folks.

I have two large standing tanks with this problem and one BBQ grille size tank as well. Living in the country, I have my local propane company come out to the shop with his truck and he fills them, no problem. But if I take them to town to have filled at the propane company, they won't do it. Too many eyesI reckon.

Your burners will fit on the new valve, you just need to find a place to fill your tanks. Another option would be to get a tank of propane at one of those rental set-ups outside of convenience stores.

Good luck and let us know how your problem works out.

Had the same problem when I went to refill my combo BARBQ/Bulk Lead Melter/Cleaner .... guy at the refill station suggested that I carry it to a supermarket/conveinance store and they would take it in trade .... worked with me.

JSC

:):yay:

Old or new all tanks have the inside thread,they have to have to fill them.The new tanks have the outside thread also.Your problem maybe that your tanks are outdated,they have a 10 year expire date stamped on them,if they are older then 10 years it is against the law to fill them.Just buy a new tank and your burners should still screw in them.