paulsvolks75

what compressor???

im just wondering what compressors everyone is using.i want to buy a new one but want to get some input form everyone here first.should i get one with a tank? i would like one thats not to loud.thanks in advance

paul

I bought one off of ebay. Paid about $60 for it. Small unit but works GREAT. Make sure it has a moisture accumulator and can put out pressure from about 10 lbs. to 35 lbs. Anything other than that is over kill. It is also very quiet. I believe the guy I got it from is in VA.

Hope this helps.

Loud - I don't know any compressor that's quiet enough to use inside the house when my wife's asleep. Dedicated airbrush compressors are quieter than tool compressors and there are some models that are engineered to be pretty quiet, but they are also the most expensive. Maybe if you have a tool compressor with a big enough storage tank, you could charge it up in the garage and bring it inside and use it long enough to do some crankbaits? An airbrush doesn't use much air volume and several gallons pressurized to 120lbs might last awhile.

I paint inside the house, and I use Harbor Freight airbrush compressors: It is quiet (my wife sleeps fine while I'm painting), compact, light, maintenance free, plenty of power for airbrushing, and these things go and go for years. For my purposes, it is the perfect choice, and it's also inexpensive compared to many other airbrush compressors, some of which appear to be practically the same unit.

:twocents:

Dean