musky1

Wood ?

I only experiment on local wood but it has to have its values! If its a MEDIUM grade wood> I'd look into it , but if its high cost or softwood then I have NO intrest. Thats why for the $ and the results we want I tend to use white pine,maple or something close to them.That is for HARDWOOD LURES.Not to confuse you with softwoods or muti grains. REDWWOD is not a choice at all for me but what do you know about cypress? I never looked into it but I thought cypress was a course wood?

How come Cedar is used to such an extent in lures? I had read somewhere where the chemicals in the wood actually go against keeping paint on it. What is the best wood for bass cranks as far as price and performance? I've just sanded two plugs out of poplar. I know you sometimes have problems carving with it, but after sanding, I put the hook anchors in and it seems to hold well, but I always put 2-ton in to ensure the anchors hold anyway...Why don't many use poplar?