Thad

Can't find a good light yellow.

Createx or Auto Air flo yellow.

A word of caution on using the fluorescent colors. They do not retain their lightfastness and may fade. The Auto Air color specifically is 4261 Hot Yellow. It's almost an exact match. I have the binder with the color chips for reference.

I just recently mixed up a similar color, I started with a white base and added drops of Chartreuse to the white until I reached the approxomite color (faded Chartreuse) And painted this bait with that color, I used the same process for the back color. It is much easier to work from a lighter color to to a darker color than vice-versa!

SmithKitsuneFade.jpg

A word of caution on using the fluorescent colors. They do not retain their lightfastness and may fade. The Auto Air color specifically is 4261 Hot Yellow. It's almost an exact match. I have the binder with the color chips for reference.

You're right, they are pretty crappy with U.V. resistance, but a good clear keeps them bright for years in a lure application. Also, the Auto Air will last much longer than regular Createx. Unfortunately, flourescents are generally one single pigment and cannot be tinted with conventional colors to match it.

I just used it on this new Firecraw bait.

firecraw_icon.jpg

Edited by Downriver Tackle

Yep, Auto Air Hot Yellow. There's a green pearl in the clear, so it looks a little different.

Dumb question #1: Because the customer wanted big giant eyes. If I pick, it's generally based on the lure body style. I usually put bigger eyes on short, fat lures.

Dumb question #2: Do you mean in layers? Water over solvent, or vice-versa? If so, then yes.