Lili Man

Could you imagine a.....

It is written as a statement.... Sorry for the confusion. It is a theory that I am working on, and you are correct Vodkaman, I did not consider the ballast material as hardware. But it will indeed need to me weighted.

Had my first prototype functioning and swimming well today. It is a 7" top water bait. But after testing the strength of material connecting the body joints, it was strong enough to hold 50 Lbs. in the lateral directions , but as soon as torqued in a twisting manner it did not hold up. So back to the drawing board. Although the bait will only have to handle the initial bit, it needs to hold up, since I am targeting large saltwater baits.

:teef::teef::teef::teef::sauced:

Edited by Lili Man

50lbs in a lateral or sideways direction is a very large number. I cannot see how a fish could possibly get anywhere near that figure.

My normal pull test is only 50lbs, through nose to tail, but the lure has to take it for 24 hours. This too is way beyond what the fish could apply, nor the weakest link in the system, the hook, endure without damage.

It is good that you are doing these tests, but you have to interpret the results correctly and be realistic.

The biggest load a lure has to take, is some idiot trying to drag the lure off a rock snag, either with success or snapping the line. Should we design for this?

Prolly not, but I do.

Dave