mark poulson

Hardbaits Holiday Greeting

To all of you lure makers and lure users out there, happy holidays.

And to Jerry, a special thanks for making this forum available.

Let's hope our new President and our government can get this economy turned around soon. I hope they focus on two four letter words...work and jobs. That will cure a lot of ills.

Keep our kids safe while they're overseas, and bring them home ASAP.

It looks like it's going to be rough for a while, with a tough year ahead, so let's everyone keep our heads up and keep the faith. We'll make it through this together.

Here's hoping for a better year to come.

And may you all have a good and safe holiday season and new year.

2008 brought out a lot of good ideas and innovation. Could even call 2008, the year of the jointed swimbait. True, the swimbait is not new, but a lot of progress was made into construction techniques and understanding how it works.

Many thanks to all those who unselfishly contributed their new techniques, research and ideas to the TU community.

I'm looking forward to seeing what 2009 will bring. Any predictions?

Happy holidays All.

Dave

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the shop. The dremmel was rockin with a chip and chop!

Dust with wood smoke filled the air. Sparying some paint without even a care.

Stopping to admire his efforts of labor. Washing it off only to paint again later.

Oh what to clear with! He says with a chatter. Should I use Devcon or Dick, does it matter? :o

Some will yes:yes:, others say no:nuhuh:. Tater uses glisten with a whole lotta glow!:yay:

Time sure flys by fast when your having lots of fun. Making some baits to out fish some old bum.

Some will say why? Hey, what's the point. You can easily buy them at Wal-mart and save wear & tear on your joints.

But, our passion is craftin and we all take great pride. Making a bait that might just swims on it's side.:eek:

HOLY CRAP DINO! I CANT BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED! GUESS I JUST INVENTED "THE SIDE SWIMMING ASSASSIN"!!!:yeah:

Sure I could trash it or give it away. Maybe even sell it on ebay one day! :lol:

But old mr. lure has something to say. Im homemade out of love, so go on fish away!

"Fish me! Oh Fish me! If you dare!" I promise to catch something, maybe even your wife's hair!"

Some of us use formulas and draw out designs. Others just wing it and create on a dime.

The custom lure crafter's take fishing to the extreme. They craft out of love chasing a dream.

In the end we all get to the very same place! Young, Old and obsessed fishing at a very secretive place.

So dont think you've failed if your design doesnt work. You might have just invented a new kind of jerk.

Fishing is fun and we all know thats true! Cast away my friend and go hook old "BIG BLUE!"

Merry Christmas to all from the Hogman's garage! I might not be serious but hey my wife's in charge. :eek:

Merry Christmas!!! and to the rest of you IDIOTS!!!! BITE ME!!!! :P

The Rookie

OMG Rookie! ROFL! HAHAHAHA... Damn I love this site!

Thank you all for your helps! Regardless of what species each of us calls a "lunker.," it really is unreal what you can get when you put together a world of wood wittlin' paint sprayin obsession... you get baits that are as unique as they come. May the new year bring yet another revolution in lure making!

Rookie, that was great, you just made my holiday. Thanks to all of you who have helped me along the way. Without you guys I'd still be trying to figure out so many different variables w/ this challenging hobby. Just looking @ the gallery reminds me I'm surrounded by true talent. This site is the encylopedia of lure making.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT"

P.S. My airbrush just came in the mail. Man I am going to have a ton of questions for you guys, right after looking in the search forum.

Thanks again CA Delta