jcb19983

what kinds of paint

I use any airbrush acrylic latex interchangeably, depending on what strikes my fancy for lure colors. Createx is a good basic palette but somewhat limited. I like to add some Smith Wildlife and other brands so I can keep painting without custom mixing a bunch of colors.

I personally like the Createx Autoair colors but they are pricey. The standard line will do most bait combinations on the market. I have used a lot of different types of paint such as vinyl, powder, enamels, etc. Nothing is as easy and forgiving as Createx. (my opinon).

Here are some ideas to concider:

1. Watch your airbrush...keep it clean! clean between coats and color changes. This will make things much better.

2. Try to work between 20 psi and 30 psi. Regulator and dryer is necessary (when humid)

3. Mix your createx with 4010 reducer at 25%.

4. Work in at least 55~60 degrees F.

5. Don't over apply the blends...the final appearance will be enhnaced w/ epoxy coat

6. Work with Transparent colors, I dont particularly like the opaques except for black, white, yellow

7. KEEP LISTENING TO THESE GUYS/GALS...THEY ARE FULL OF INFO!!:yes:

Hope this helps and hang in there...it is worth the effort.

go4bas <;(}}}><